Thursday, August 24, 2006

Whoa, people were freakin fired up about the racially driven concept for the next season of Survivor!


I haven't seen people this freaked out about a cast seperation since they took most of the original Bayside High girls away from Saved By The Bell: The College Years.

Of course there was also seious debate over the Forbes article about Why Men Shouldn't Date Career Women.

If you want to discuss either of these or anything else about the show don't forget about The Playhouse Message Board .

And now...today's Nuggets of Awesomeness:







www.freecycle.org is a cool spot to give away you own junk or maybe even get someone else's for free. Instead of dragging that old bookcase out in front of your place and hoping it gets taken, post it on freecycle. There are over 10,000 members in San Diego, so you should have no trouble making a match!

I'm a dog lover...but this is beyond ridiculous:















A company in Japan has begun offering meals created to be enjoyed by you and your dog. Together. Like a date. If seems to me that if you wanted to spend money trying to impress someone with a meal it's a bit wasted on someone who happily eats thier own vomit.

"Fullfillment"is a game that game seems simple but it's not and it may soon drive me insane. Don't get mad when you're hooked like a crackhead.

Quick reminder before my final nugget: we've got stars from Laguna Beach and The Hills in the Playhouse. We'll get you on the air for "Why You Smiling" at 7:45 and play your jams when we Flush The Format at 9am.

To wrap things up I'm gonna go and have an Oprah moment on you. The story of the father/son team known as Team Hoyt are amazing.




Watch thier video,read thier Story, and check out thier web site . I'm sure you'll be as moved as I was.

Have you seen the Denzel Washington movie John Q? It's one of my all time favorites and it's not just because it's a good movie. My dad told me to watch it. We talk every Sunday and one week he said "I saw a movie and I want you to see it. I've never been able to put into words what it's like to be a dad or what I'd do for you and your brothers, but that movie says it perfectly." I bought the movie watched it, and thought about my dad and fatherhood in a way I never had. It quickly became one of my favorite movies. I haven't watched it since. I'm not a fan of crying.

Dads are awesome.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Teshia said...

AJ, the story about Team Hoyt is awesome!! Read the story & got all teary eyed. Things like this are what keep me listening to you every morning. Have a good time on vacation, man!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home